Launched in July 2007, this hybrid boutique brings a little history back to the Lower East Side, which was the original garment district of Manhattan. The Dressing Room presents a place for emerging fashion and accessories designers to showcase their collections, providing an innovative shopping experience offering fresh, versatile styles that span the spectrum of fashion.
The ground level features the boutique area and a casual bar with specialty cocktails and Happy Hour offers, free internet access, a movie projector, and a selection of magazines, as well as weekly events featuring live DJs, movie screenings, and shopping parties. The Clothing Exchange on the lower level features carefully selected vintage & secondhand items for women and men. Together, all three sections blend into an intimate shopping and entertainment environment.
In January 2009, The Dressing Room was the winner of the Rising Star Award for Best New Retail Concept at Fashion Group International’s annual awards presentation. The award, based on the votes of FGI members, was presented by Barbara Hulanicki, founder of BIBA. Past winners include Tory Burch and Charles Nolan. Citysearch also named it “Best Lower East Side Shop” in it’s 2007 Editorial poll.
About the Clothing Exchange
We selectively buy, sell, and trade clothing and accessories, from, to, and with the public on a walk-in basis. We buy contemporary as well as vintage items.
Clothing Exchange Drop-off Guidelines
We will only be accepting bags of items to be sold to the Clothing Exchange during the last 10 days of each month – the 20th -30th of each month. You can claim your payment and leftovers any time after those days as well.
- We buy seasonally – i.e. no summer clothes in winter (Oct-Feb), no winter coats, heavy sweaters in the summer (March-Sept.)
- Please DO NOT bring used bathing suits, tights, bras, underwear, socks, leotards, workout clothes, or other personal body-wear items. New items with tags attached are ok.
- No more than 3 large bags at a time.
- Clothing we pass on MUST be picked up within 3 days or it will be donated to charity.
- The items we select will be priced, and we will offer you the following choices:
- 50% of total retail value in store credit, usable anywhere in the store. Credit is good for 6 months.
- 30% cash back
The Dressing Room Boutique & Bar
75A Orchard Street (btw. Broome & Grand Sts.)
New York, NY. 10002 (Map)